5.6K views
1.1

I want to share my personal experience as an It Works distributor.I was with the company for about 6 months.

After listening to enough of their "success" stories I finally figured I'd give it a try as a side job for extra income. There's a fee of $99.00 to join. There are many things they don't tell you until after you have already joined. First, if you order products at their discount you will be automatically signed for for 3 months.

If you try to cancel you have to pay a $50 fee. They try to scam people into signing up without telling them the whole story. Then, unless you cancel your subscription after three months, you will continue to receive It Works products forever! Be sure to log in to your online account and cancel and remove all of your payment information or you will be charged for a long time.

Next, you basically have to pay money to earn money. Unless you sell $150 worth of products to customers EVERY month you will not receive your commission. You also have the option of paying $80 every month yourself in order to get commission. Your commission check could be $20.00 yet you would have to pay $80.00 to receive that...pretty ridiculous right?

The distributors teach you how to get others to join your team as a distributor or to get customers by basically lying to them. They tell you to never tell a customer that they are signing them up for three months! They just say you're getting a 40% discount but don't tell you the rest of the terms! If you do decide to sign up as a loyal customer make sure you do it yourself so you know your login information and read the terms and conditions.

If you don't and want to cancel before the three months are up you will be charged $50! Overall, I have spent over $500.00 on products and fees and have only earned $15.00 in 6 months! I earned more a day working a part time job when I was a teen. Next, they don't tell you there's a $20.00 fee every month for your website to work.

That's in addition to the $80.00 so you're commission qualified. Basically, you'll be paying more every month then you'll actually earn. Don't get fooled by their success stories, the more money someone has earned with this company actually means they lied that much better. They teach you to lie to get customers because that's the only way someone will join them.

Their products don't work either. I have tried 8 of their wraps and they have done absolutely nothing. I mean I would understand if one didn't work, but EIGHT? Come on.

Then I tried the cleanse which again did absolutely nothing at all. I tried the Hair,Skin, and Nails vitamins which did nothing to make my hair grow. I would have been better off buying the vitamins at Walmart for $10.00. All the products themselves are made in Mexico from really cheap ingredients.

You have to wonder if they're even safe to use since we all know the water in Mexico is unclean and very dangerous in most places. What are you really putting into your body?! It's kind of a scam that they don't have any reviews on their website don't you think? The only photos they use of their products actually working are ones they created themselves.

You have to ask yourself what kind of company really wouldn't allow their customers to post honest reviews of their products. The kind that just wants your money. Please really think about everything I just mentioned before you join this company as a customer or distributor. It's really unethical and misleading to it's customers and distributors.

If you're reading this, I believe you can find a much better job literally anywhere and make a better living in an honest way where you don't have to lie to people everyday.

Don't waste your time, the only people really succeeding in this company are the ones who know how to lie really well.I think you deserve better.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. jennicole1 stated that there is a room for improvement of deception. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss it works global. It Works needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned it works global in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at It Works.

Had an Experience with It Works?

Comments

It doesn't sound like you tried very hard at all.You made $15 in 6 months?

I am with ItWorks and with my first month I made a (Canadian dollars) $134 bonus, earned a $670 shopping spree and also commission! You can't just sit on your a** and think people will magically buy from you. They give back $.51 to every dollar to kids charities around the world. They are set up as a business, they can't just let every distributor walk in for free.

Also, actually you do not to do an autoshippment of $80 a month, you just need to sell products every month to be commission qualified!

Whoever mentored you, did not do a good job.I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, but from the sounds of it you wouldn't know what to do with an opportunity if it came and bit you in the face lol

I'm a Distributor and Ican tell you that none of this is happenenig on my team or with anyone in my downline.Finding all of this very hard to believe!

If it is happening it is.It happening company wide

Springfield, Missouri, United States #1343676

Thank you.. I googled before I bought and after reading all the reviews.. I'll pass..

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1324003

I talked hubby into being a distributor, as he wanted to try it from a 'friend' and thought he could sell to his friends to support this.All the FB updates about how it's a great support system is bull.

Our 'friend' was always too busy to talk to us, told us to just 'watch the videos'.

Then would make snarky comments about how she only helped those that were willing to work, then just stopped communicating with us at all.Products didn't make a difference so finally got company to stop shipping, tho it was a hassle.

Somehow I ordered a product and now I'm told I have to order for three more months or get charged fifty dollars.I don't remember signing up for that.

The cleanse was 36. Dollars for four little bottles didn't do anything. I would not have knowingly signed up for this type of thing.

I'll have to check my account like one of the above complainants above mentioned.I never signed up as a distributor either.

It literally says when you make an account you select autoship. They don't force that on you, people are just lazy and don't read the information given.

to Anonymous #1333025

And you're an a** for talking to people like this!

to Anon Springfield, Missouri, United States #1343677

That's why it's Anonymous to Chicken *** to tell their name

Kansas City, Missouri, United States #1284768

This is crazy.I am sorry this happened to you.

I kind of was wanting to join because I have 2 people who are on my facebook that are distributors. One keeps trying to get me to join if i pay the $99 then in a few months i can be making thousands of dollars. I am a struggling mother who has very little income and cant work. They are always posting whoever wants a free wrap can comment.

Well i think hey.free. i like free.but oh to get free you have to pay for the $99 package. Its misleading i feel like. And unfair.

They should offer a free wrap if they say free. Not with strings attached. I have turned myself away from wanting anything to do with this company. They make it look so easy and now they are in florida celebrating all from it works money.

It just makes me sick how they say oh this company cares about giving back. Ha. T

Yeah. What about blessing someone like me who is constantly struggling barely able to make ends meet.

Oh but no its all about them.Thank you for opening my eyes even more about the company.

to Anonymous #1336442

ItWorks is all about giving back, but they can try just let everyone start for free, a box of wraps is $99, plus you're getting 4 mini defining gels, AND business tools. YOU can DEFINITELY make a lot of money but you need to do it right and actually do the work for it.