26.5K views
1.1

I want to share my personal experience as an It Works distributor. I was with the company for about 6 months.

After listening to enough of their "success" stories I finally figured I'd give it a try as a side job for extra income. There's a fee of $99.00 to join. There are many things they don't tell you until after you have already joined. First, if you order products at their discount you will be automatically signed for for 3 months.

If you try to cancel you have to pay a $50 fee. They try to scam people into signing up without telling them the whole story. Then, unless you cancel your subscription after three months, you will continue to receive It Works products forever! Be sure to log in to your online account and cancel and remove all of your payment information or you will be charged for a long time.

Next, you basically have to pay money to earn money. Unless you sell $150 worth of products to customers EVERY month you will not receive your commission. You also have the option of paying $80 every month yourself in order to get commission. Your commission check could be $20.00 yet you would have to pay $80.00 to receive that...pretty ridiculous right?

The distributors teach you how to get others to join your team as a distributor or to get customers by basically lying to them. They tell you to never tell a customer that they are signing them up for three months! They just say you're getting a 40% discount but don't tell you the rest of the terms! If you do decide to sign up as a loyal customer make sure you do it yourself so you know your login information and read the terms and conditions.

If you don't and want to cancel before the three months are up you will be charged $50! Overall, I have spent over $500.00 on products and fees and have only earned $15.00 in 6 months! I earned more a day working a part time job when I was a teen. Next, they don't tell you there's a $20.00 fee every month for your website to work.

That's in addition to the $80.00 so you're commission qualified. Basically, you'll be paying more every month then you'll actually earn. Don't get fooled by their success stories, the more money someone has earned with this company actually means they lied that much better. They teach you to lie to get customers because that's the only way someone will join them.

Their products don't work either. I have tried 8 of their wraps and they have done absolutely nothing. I mean I would understand if one didn't work, but EIGHT? Come on.

Then I tried the cleanse which again did absolutely nothing at all. I tried the Hair,Skin, and Nails vitamins which did nothing to make my hair grow. I would have been better off buying the vitamins at Walmart for $10.00. All the products themselves are made in Mexico from really cheap ingredients.

You have to wonder if they're even safe to use since we all know the water in Mexico is unclean and very dangerous in most places. What are you really putting into your body?! It's kind of a scam that they don't have any reviews on their website don't you think? The only photos they use of their products actually working are ones they created themselves.

You have to ask yourself what kind of company really wouldn't allow their customers to post honest reviews of their products. The kind that just wants your money. Please really think about everything I just mentioned before you join this company as a customer or distributor. It's really unethical and misleading to it's customers and distributors.

If you're reading this, I believe you can find a much better job literally anywhere and make a better living in an honest way where you don't have to lie to people everyday.

Don't waste your time, the only people really succeeding in this company are the ones who know how to lie really well. I think you deserve better.

Reason of review: Work Experience or Job Application.

It Works Cons: Deception.

Comments

What can I do with these products?

Cordney

That's what most of the complaints are about on the BBB site, not being told about the autoship. It's amazing to me that anyone is still getting sucked into joining this company..

Does no one ever look at their Income Disclosure Statements? If they did they would see that year after year, only 1% ever make any money. Yet, they'll tell you you didn't succeed because you didn't work hard enough. It wouldn't matter how hard you worked, in ALL MLM's, only 1% make money, and those people are the owners, investors,the ones who got in early or people who left another MLM company and came there and brought hundreds of their downlines with them from the previous company.

Ugh. I hate MLM's

Paulyne

I am sorry that you had this experience with ItWorks. I have been a distributor for over a year now, and I absolutely love it.

However, I understand that everyone has their own opinions and beliefs about different things. I was a Loyal Customer before I was a Distributor. I ordered the cleanse from a close friend of mine who began selling it, and I saw amazing results. Not only did I lose five pounds, but I felt extremely less bloated and had tons more energy than I did before taking the cleanse.

So, I knew the products worked before I became a distributor. Please keep in mind that everyone's body is different, therfore, everyone has a different reaction to certain products. Once I became a distributor, I was never promised an exact amount of money within a certain time frame. The girl who enrolled me was 100% honest with me about everything it took to get to a higher level.

When I'm talking to potential Loyal Customers, I always bring the $50 cancellation fee to their attention, before I ever even direct them to my website. My upline, nor anyone else on my team, has ever told me to lie or deceive a potential customer in any way, shape, or form. If the customer is not happy with their product, I do everything in my power as a distributor, to help them with that issue. If that means I use my own money to replace a product, or send them a free gift, then that's what I do.

I never make promises about what a product will or won't do, because like I said, everyone's body is different. Customer service is extremely important to me in the way that I operate my business. When I'm talking to potential distributors, again, I am always upfront with them. ItWorks is not a "get rich quick," scheme like some people believe it is.

It takes hard work, dedication, and motivation to get your business off the ground. The same way it would take a physical business, like a bakery or retail store, to get off the ground. As far as the 80bv auto shipment goes, this is a completely optional feature. As a distributor, you are under NO obligation to order any products, EVER.

Do I recommend it? Yes, for two reasons. One, it automatically makes you commission qualified for the month. So, if it happens to be a bad month as far as sales go, you never have to worry about getting your commission.

Two, it always helps to have your own results and BE A PRODUCT OF THE PRODUCT. Everything I have used since becoming a distributor has worked. I drink KetoCoffee, with chocolate greens added into them, every single morning. Not only have I lost weight, but I have tons of energy and it helps cut down on my snacking throughout the day.

Collagen and BeautyWorks has completely transformed my skin after just a few uses. The product isn't the problem. The problem is, a lot of people order weight loss products and expect it to be a "magic pill," when it's not. It clearly states on each product that it is recommended for someone with an active/somewhat healthy lifestyle.

They are products to HELP with weight loss, not products to LOSE weight. If you join ItWorks as a distibutor, please be prepared to put in the work it takes. Have I made buckets and buckets of money like some members of my team have? Absolutely not.

And I will never claim to make anything more than what I do make. However, it takes work to run a business. Plain and simple. I've seen many people join, and expect to get rich over night, and that's just simply not how it works.

You have to be willing to put in the work, and you will see results. No, I am not rich by any means, nor do I make tens of thousands of dollars a month. However, I have made back all of the money I spent to run my business.

You have to spend money to make money. That's how any business works.

Same exact comments left by It Works on BBB

@Paulyne

You are just stupid and ignorant.

@Paulyne

Go read their Income Disclosure Statements from previous years and tell me again that you'll move up lol...It's. Not.

Possible!!! They tell you this to keep you in and keep you buying the products. As with any MLM, y'all are the real end consumers. If they have 100,000 active reps spelling for them and they all have to spend $80 a month to collect commissions, they're literally bringing in $8 million a month just of the reps purchases!

Yet, only 1% every make any money? And Income Disclsoure Statements ONLY include people who were Commison qualified, so those are people who are ACTIVELY trying to build their business.

Al you'll ever be doing with this company is paying the people at the top of the pyramid. That's a fact!

@Paulyne

I didn't have a bad experience with ItWorks or any other MLM, because I'm not stupid enough to get involved in a predatory business model where 99% of people make no money, and most of those actually lose money..I just don't like MLM 's and especially ItWorks because I lost a friendship to it, because of exactly the stuff you just spewed It's sad the cult mentality that happens once you get in them. You all sounds like robots saying the EXACT same things.

You're taught to shove your shame down as low as it will possibly go and prey on anyone as long as they have a pulse. And yes, you do have to spend money to make money, with a business YOU own. Why would anyone invest into a company they don't own and will never own? You're nothing more than a sales rep,who's making the owner and the 1% reps money.

At my job, the owner is rich, we're all making him money, BUT at least we all get a salaried pay for the work we do. They also provide us health insurance, 401k,pension plan, paid vacations,sick days,PTO etc. And if I work hard enough, yes, I will also keep getting raises. Am I going to be the CEO?

Nope! And neither are you.. Only difference is I'm actually getting paid and you're not... You guilt friends and family into buying your products month after month and if they don't, they're not "supporting your business.

You add strangers on FB and start a fake friendship, and then cold messaging messaging them hoping they'll buy your products or join your pyramid scheme...Normal companies do not have their employees do this...Even normal sales rep jobs don't do this.. You know what's really fun is how you ALL say you make money. All of you. When in reality, that's literally NOT possible, when their own Income Disclosure Statements prove that only 1% make anything...Yet, you'll all Iie just to rope people into your scheme knowing they will make nothing, just like you.

What do you guys call that? Fake it til you make it? What you don't realize is there's very large anti MLM groups out there now that are growing every day. Reddit has one with over 500,000 members and the "Sounds like MLM,but ok" group on FB has 150k.

People are sick of it! And don't start with the whole "our products work" You know how many photos we have in those groups of pics that you can clearly see were photoshopped? Or people sticking out their gut and then sucking it in.. The ONLY people who says this stuff works and the only people that have these amazing before and after pics are people that sell it.

No one else, just you guys. You know why that is? Because VITAMINS are not going to help you lose weight. These aren't FDA approved, they're haven't had clinical studies done..Big Pharma hasn't even been able to come up with something that will help people lose weight, but somehow a business owner that owns a predorty MLM aka "legal" product based pyramid scheme company did?

Come on, do you hear yourselves?

Clearly, you've drank the Kool Aid pretty hard, but take the time and go look at the last few years of Income Dsiclsoure Statements and show me where more than 1% made an actual income. Good luck to you and hopefully you get out before you lose too much money and end up with a garage full of products.

Your claim is not true. We tell all loyal customers about the three months.

Also I have not had to purchase to make money, I have been in it a short time and have already received a 100 shopping spree and have received two pay checks and they were not 15.00 dollars. Work the business and you receive rewards......Just saying.

@Anonymous

Hilarious how y'all say that you don't have to purchase to gmail money. You 100% have to spend $80 every month to be comission qualified.

And I can promise you're spending more in products then you're making. This is why people say MLM's are cults, because you all say the same exact thing.lol

@Anonymous

You tell people about the 3 months? Most don't.

Go look at the red alert that's up and the HUNDREDS of files complaints from people on The Better Business Bureau.who were NOT told about it... Why do think reps want to sign you up themselves? So you don't see the loyalty autoship.. Then they play dumb that they didn't know when they get called out.

And to get the $100 shopping spree,you have to be on auto ship, so that means you have to spend what $80 to get $100 shopping spree? Then add in your monthly $20 website fee and you've actually really didn't get anothing free lol.m

This this is so not true.

Of course it is true.

Alvon

I joined and just realized the sad truth .. how do I quit!?

I also worked here for months and they don’t ever tell you all the terms I even asked when trying to get someone under me if I tell them they have to do it for 3 months and they said no don’t tell them!!! That was one of the first signs I seen! I completely agree with this person DONT WORK FOR THEM!!!

@Anonymous

We know they do this because of the 1000+ complaints. And just think of the people that don't file a complaint on here or the BBB. Most just go shut their credit or bank cards off and get new ones.

This is this so crazy to me! I’ve been a distributor for just over a year now with Itworks.

I only pay $20 a month to keep my website up and running. I was never once told to not be completely honest with my financial customers. I always let them know that I am waiting in the $50 membership fee for them doing our loyal customer program. And as long as they complete their loyal customer agreement they will not be charge this membership fee.

This also gives them our 40% off discount for life. I will never not stand behind a company that pays me thousands of dollars a month in commissions, weekly bonuses, and with the help of Itworks products I have lost over 70 pounds! If you only earned $15 the entire time you were with the company, that tells me that you didn’t spend much time doing income producing activities so you have no one to blame but yourself for you not being successful. These products definitely work!

I saw amazing rap results after only two wraps. If you used eight did you use one every 72 hours and in the same spot on your body? Did you drink water or booze? I am not at the top of the company.

I’m just a mom of four who didn’t go to college and needed extra money to be able to stay home with her babies. And this is how I am able to do it.

@Anonymous

Okay, you got nasty there in the last bit about water or booze, which really looks bad for your company. I was approach by someone and they wanted me to pay $99 and would not even tell me the company name until i asked, so let's not be assuming!

It is okay for all of us to have differing opinions!

Be kind with your assumptions and respectful with your answers. My encounter with this sales person I mentioned was very aggressive and that was a red flag, so now seeing your reaction and the one from above and no PROOF either of you make THOUSANDS of dollars solely from It Works a month is questionable with respect.

@Anonymous

You know what's really funny is how they ALL say they're making so much money, but then you look at the years of their own Income Disclosure Statments,it literally shows that only 1.5% even make $1,000 a month. . So I'm pretty sure you're not getting thousands a week Hun.

This review is 100% right on! The company is guaranteed money by either you selling and recruiting, or by you spending 100 each month yourself. My God, they make you follow a script!

@Anonymous

I believe they must pay the above representatives to argue in their favor and I am not even a member. After reading both sides I will not be joining.

It Works Reviews