Words: 0
Bullshit
Ninja
  • Add photo
  • Add video
Add credibility to your review: receipts, screenshots, photos etc.
      You will not be able to edit your review after submission. In order to add / update information provide at least your email address on the next step.

Most Popular It Works Reviews

It Works - DANGERS OF BODY WRAPS INGREDIENTS

ITWORKS! WRAPS HAVE 39 INGREDIENTS TOTAL. 11 OF THOSE INGREDIENTS ARE BOTANICAL IN NATURE. 28 OF THOSE ARE NOT. THREE OF THE 28 CONTAIN CONTAMINATES THAT ARE BY PRODUCT OF THE SYNTHESIS OF VOLATILE CHEMICALS INTO HAZARDOUS COMPOUNDS. OF THE 31 NON-BOTANICAL COMPOUNDS: 10 ARE KNOWN CARCINOGENS. 5 ARE KNOWN TO CAUSE SIGNS OF AGING. 8 CARRY A VARIETY OF OTHER TOXICITIES INCLUDING ORGAN TOXICITY, REPRODUCTIVE TOXICITY, CELL DAMAGE, AND THE PRODUCTION OF FREE RADICALS. 6 ARE CONSIDERED TOXIC TO THE ENVIRONMENT. 11 ARE SYNTHETIC COMPOUNDS 1 OF WHICH, TOCOPHEROL AKA NATURAL VITAMIN B, WAS PASSED OVER IN FAVOR OF A MORE HARMFUL SYNTHETIC VERSION OF VITAMIN B KNOWN AS TOCOPHERYL ACETATE. YOU MAY ASK WHY A COMPANY THAT TOUTS NATURAL INGREDIENTS SO FERVENTLY WOULD MAKE THIS DECISION. WE WILL ANSWER BECAUSE THE SYNTHETIC HAS A LONGER SHELF LIFE AND AFTER A FIRST FORMULA WAS SPOILING BEFORE REACHING CUSTOMERS, THE WOLVES IN CHARGE TRADED THEIR BUSINESS INTEGRITY FOR A MONEY SAVING ALTERNATIVE. ONE COULD SAY THEY POSSESSED ZERO INTEGRITY TO START. 10 ARE TOXIC TO SKIN THAT CAN, HAVE, AND WILL AGAIN CAUSE REACTIONS SUCH AS BLISTERING, SWELLING, BURNING, ITCHING SCALING AND HIVES. SYMPTOMS THAT, WHEN REPORTED, WERE MET WITH APATHY AND IN MOST CASES THE VICTIM WAS BLAMED OR MEANT TO FEEL THAT THEY USED THE PRODUCT WRONG, OR HAD A PHYSICAL DEFECT SUCH AS SMALL PORES WHICH CAUSED THE REACTION. THE 5TH INGREDIENT LISTED IS DENATURED ALCOHOL (ETHANOL) WHICH IS LITTLE MORE THAN GRAIN ALCOHOL WITH EITHER POISON, DYE, OR A BITTERING AGENT IN THIS CASE CAMPHOR. DENT. ALCOHOL CAUSES PORES TO SHRINK AS DO 3 OTHER INGREDIENTS. THE INGREDIENT DECYL OLEATE IS COMEODOGENIC MEANING IT CLOGS POURS. CLAIMS OF "DETOXIFYING" WHILE IN ESSENCE TRUE, THE MECHANISM OF THE "DETOXIFICATION" IS OVERLOOKED. INGREDIENTS PROMOTE CELLS IN THE BODY TO RELEASE THEIR TOXINS IN A HASTENED AND LESS METABOLIZED MANNER THAN YOUR BODIES NATURALLY WOULD. THESE TOXINS ARE THEN DUMPED INTO YOUR BLOODSTREAM WHERE THEY CAN GO TO ALL MAJOR ORGANS AND CAUSE ALLERGIC REACTION, NAUSEA, DIZZINESS, VOMITING, DIARRHEA, ORGAN DAMAGE, CARDIAC DISTRESS, AND MALAISE. THIS HAS HAPPENED TO PEOPLE AND THEY WERE TOLD THEY DID NOT DRINK ENOUGH WATER. THESE PRODUCTS ARE DANGEROUS AND GET MORE DANGEROUS THE MORE THEY ARE USED OR LONGER THEY ARE LEFT ON THE BODY. THE WRAPPING PROCESS ALONE CAN CAUSE CAPILLARY COMPRESSION WHICH WILL CAUSE BURST CAPILLARIES, MUSCLE AND NERVE DAMAGE, AND BLOOD CLOTS. YOU MUST CEASE SELLING THESE PRODUCTS OR YOU RISK HURTING A CUSTOMER AND INCURRING CIVIL OR LEGAL ACTIONS. ITWORKS! WILL NOT PROTECT YOU AND AFTER SIGNING YOUR CONTRACT, YOU GAVE AWAY YOUR RIGHT TO PASS THE BLAME TO THEM. THIS COMPANY IS A PYRAMID SCHEME. A PRODUCT THAT IS DANGEROUS AND WILL NOT SUSTAIN RETAIL SALES ALONG WITH PROFITS DRIVEN BY THE RECRUITMENT OF PEOPLE, OPPOSED TO SELLING OF PRODUCTS, AND AS COMPLAINTS MADE AT BBB.ORG (BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU) HAVE ILLUSTRATED A COMPLETE NON-INTEREST IN BEING A CUSTOMERSALES DRIVEN BUSINESS. THEY COUNT ON YOU TO FAIL THAT IS WHY COMMISSIONS ARE COMPRESSED SO WHEN THOSE AT THE BOTTOM FAIL THEIR UNDER-EARNINGS GO TO THE PEOPLE ABOVE WHERE MORE UNDER-EARNINGS ARE COMPILED. THE FARTHER UP THEY ARE THE MORE LITTLE TRICKLES OF LEFTOVERS THEY RECEIVE. YOU MUST SEPARATE YOURSELF FROM THIS COMPANY IMMEDIATELY FOR YOUR OWN WELL BEING AS WELL AS THOSE YOU WOULD PEDDLE THEIR HAZARDOUS WARES. WE WISH YOU WELL. YOU ARE THE FIRST OF MANY WHOM AT RANDOM WE ARE CONTACTING. YOUR EYES ARE NOW OPEN. YOU HAVE NO EXCUSES
      Show

The sad truth about being an It Works distributor..

1.1
      I want to share my personal experience as an It Works distributor. I was with the company for about 6 months. After listening to enough of their "success" stories I finally figured I'd give it a try as a side job for extra income. There's a fee of $99.00 to join. There are many things they don't tell you until after you have already joined. First, if you order products at their discount you will be automatically signed for for 3 months. If you try to cancel you have to pay a $50 fee. They try to scam people into signing up without telling them the whole story. Then, unless you cancel your subscription after three months, you will continue to receive It Works products forever! Be sure to log in to your online account and cancel and remove all of your payment information or you will be charged for a long time. Next, you basically have to pay money to earn money. Unless you sell $150 worth of products to customers EVERY month you will not receive your commission. You also have the option of paying $80 every month yourself in order to get commission. Your commission check could be $20.00 yet you would have to pay $80.00 to receive that...pretty ridiculous right? The distributors teach you how to get others to join your team as a distributor or to get customers by basically lying to them. They tell you to never tell a customer that they are signing them up for three months! They just say you're getting a 40% discount but don't tell you the rest of the terms! If you do decide to sign up as a loyal customer make sure you do it yourself so you know your login information and read the terms and conditions. If you don't and want to cancel before the three months are up you will be charged $50! Overall, I have spent over $500.00 on products and fees and have only earned $15.00 in 6 months! I earned more a day working a part time job when I was a teen. Next, they don't tell you there's a $20.00 fee every month for your website to work. That's in addition to the $80.00 so you're commission qualified. Basically, you'll be paying more every month then you'll actually earn. Don't get fooled by their success stories, the more money someone has earned with this company actually means they lied that much better. They teach you to lie to get customers because that's the only way someone will join them. Their products don't work either. I have tried 8 of their wraps and they have done absolutely nothing. I mean I would understand if one didn't work, but EIGHT? Come on. Then I tried the cleanse which again did absolutely nothing at all. I tried the Hair,Skin, and Nails vitamins which did nothing to make my hair grow. I would have been better off buying the vitamins at Walmart for $10.00. All the products themselves are made in Mexico from really cheap ingredients. You have to wonder if they're even safe to use since we all know the water in Mexico is unclean and very dangerous in most places. What are you really putting into your body?! It's kind of a scam that they don't have any reviews on their website don't you think? The only photos they use of their products actually working are ones they created themselves. You have to ask yourself what kind of company really wouldn't allow their customers to post honest reviews of their products. The kind that just wants your money. Please really think about everything I just mentioned before you join this company as a customer or distributor. It's really unethical and misleading to it's customers and distributors. If you're reading this, I believe you can find a much better job literally anywhere and make a better living in an honest way where you don't have to lie to people everyday. Don't waste your time, the only people really succeeding in this company are the ones who know how to lie really well. I think you deserve better.

It Works - Do not become a distributor

1.8
      I signed up as a loyal customer with ItWorks in May. Had some great results with the products so I finally jumped on as a distributor. Big mistake. The friend that sold it to me was very enthusiastic and was apparently, making good money. I'm not sure how true that was, but I bought into it. I was told there were distributors who didn't make any money for months, but now were "rockstars." So I was like, cool, can't wait to earn more money. Unfortunately, three months later, I have hardly made any money, and I've devoted a significant amount of time to "empty promises," ridiculous "bonuses," and have spent an obscene amount of money just to be "commission qualified." My friend harassed me about it for weeks, at the same time, my debit card had become compromised, and I had to shut it down and wait for a new one to arrive. she told me to go get a pre-paid card instead - Really? Why would I have done that? I told her, look you're just going to have to wait until I get my card in. So, onto the sign up... First, do not let any other distributor tell you that it's only $99 to sign up. It's not. It's $113.00 and your kit takes about 3 weeks to arrive. And, ItWorks miraculously runs out of their mini-defining gels that go with the business kit. They issue you a $20.00 product credit, which is laughable, because there's not one item under $20.00, except for their "fab wrap." All you have in your kit is one box of wraps to try to sell to people for $25.00 each to make your profit back. On the outside looking in, I wouldn't spend that much on these things. Even if you sell all of them, you're still not making your investment back. I did get 4 loyal customers within 30 days. Thought I was going to get my $100.00 fast start bonus. Never did. My four loyal customers ended up canceling on me after 45 days because they couldn't afford the products. Heartbreaker, but hey, you can't afford it, I'm not going to pressure you to buy. Working another several weeks, I realized I couldn't even afford to do my own auto shipment to stay commission qualified. I recently began to become weary of some of the distributor leaders in my group. Especially, after some of the other distributors in my group told all of us they lost 50 pounds in 4 months on these products. This made me scratch my head because some of them had disclosed a much longer and different time frame to others. In addition, they didn't look like they were in need of losing that much weight. However, when those Facebook "distributor" events come around, these girls put on a show and shorten their time frames. Even then, they are still telling people THEY DIDN'T DIET OR EXERCISE on these products. I did and I lost twice the amount of weight than I normally would have by just dieting and exercise alone. I just couldn't tell people not to diet or not to exercise. That's not me. I considered myself a responsible distributor, telling people the wraps don't make you lose weight, not to overcrowd products all at one time, and to watch what you eat and exercise 3-5 times a week. However, I've got my "leaders" telling people they don't have to do that. Most of them are in need of exercise. A couple of things you need to know incase they are "glorified" to you: I found out the "wrap rewards" expire after a certain amount of time. Wrap rewards give you one box of wraps for $25.00 (normally they are $59.00). Yes, you still have to pay for "rewards." I found out "Ruby" bonuses are payable over the course of several months - forget that $500 you thought you would see in one commission check… simply not true - read the fine print. Don't let anyone tell you that if you run an $80 BV shipment, you'll be commission qualified. My "not commission qualified" status didn't disappear until AFTER I reached over $400.00 Mind you, $245 of this was from my own purchase. So that 80/150 BV/PBV is absolute ***. The ItWorks Commission Plan is so convoluted and barely understandable that you wouldn't figure this out, until I did above. You'd keep wondering WHY you weren't commission qualified after running an $80BV shipment. The girls in your leadership circle can make you scratch your heard - I don't know about them, but I don't like working 24/7, 365 days a year, completely ignoring my family obligations or spending time with my husband, daughter and dog. I hear some of these stories of these women who are my leaders, who have flat out said, they have worked around the clock while their husbands take care of their children and they sit on their phone or computer all day and "Make Money." I can't operate like that. I have to talk to my husband and my daughter. My daughter alone always wants to play and I should be able to do that without the need for my phone in my hand. Your leaders have their favorites, that is, those distributors making the most money, get the most attention. Pretty much anyone who was diamond and above got showcased on the Facebook events. I think one girl used my photo for losing 20 pounds in 4 months, but she wasn't really part of my upline. My actual diamond leader used her favorites for Facebook events. The friend that signed me up has attended wrap parties of other distributors and has asked others to go to events. Not me. I have had to do my own thing since day 1. Which is okay, as I wasn't always a fan of a lot of what the distributors were telling me on how to sell the products. It's almost like they wanted you to be deceiving about them. Since I took the products, I knew better. I wasn't going to push something on someone that I had not tried. Distributors are giving MEDICAL advice. People with real ailments were asking distributors if their products were safe for said ailment. I would never have said yes to anything. My immediate response was "please go check with your doctor as to whether or not you can take this." Especially moms that are breastfeeding, have thyroid issues, IBS, etc. I always encouraged potentials that if they had anything they believed might interfere with their condition, they needed to check the product over with their physician, and I always gave them the product ingredients and information for them to take. I'm a paralegal and I STILL don't give legal advice - even being in the game for 17 years! The long and short of this post is that unless you are diamond and above, have significant sums of money to start, you're not going to make any money with this company - AT ALL. You're going to quickly realize you're spending way more than you're making. The photo I'm attaching proves it. What ItWorks won't tell you is that a lot of their "billion dollar" profits are made from the distributors who are working to make their own commission. As stated above, distributors have to haul in $400 in sales per month, to stay commission qualified. You put in $400 of sales to get approximately $24.00 in commission. You have to put out SIGNIFICANT money of your own money to attend events (bridal shows, street fairs, etc.), buy products, etc. to "stay in the game." It's too much. But your "upline" doesn't care all that much. They are still getting paid. And trying to get other distributors on board with you, forget it. You won't have much success with that either. Again, unless the have significant sums of money to advance into their "business", they'll end up in the same boat as you. Now, I like the products. I probably should have remained just a loyal customer, but I thought I could get people on board because I felt good and was looking good and I wanted others to feel the same way. Ah well, lesson learned. I'd be very curious about the turnover rate of this company. They won't show you that. They won't show you what amount of money distributors have had to put forth over the course of months or years to be where they are at. I can't afford to put thousands of dollars into something that's making me a profit of $24.00. I don't have that kind of rich lifestyle.