1.4K views
Featured Not resolved

I have never left a review for any product or service.This time, I felt that I just couldn't let this one go.

I purchased the tummy wraps for $96; was excited to try it for my slightly in need of attention waist area - I was really hoping to tone and define my waist a little, despite the fact that I do exercise and am 5'11" and weigh 138 lbs. I received the product; I showered and decided to apply it and sleep in it overnight. When I got up in the morning I didn't notice a difference, but I felt it was only once and I would give it another try in 3 days as recommended by the manufacturer. Within a couple of hours, a rash appeared over my entire tummy and sides where the application was.

Raised bumps which were very itchy and uncomfortable. I called "it works" right away because I was slightly alarmed. A recording picked up the phone and said that the wait time to speak with a customer service representative would be 59 minutes!! I couldn't believe that any reputable company would expect you to wait "on hold" for an hour!

Anyway, I decided to tough it out and waited an entire hour for someone to pick up the phone - it was exactly 59 minutes!!! Obviously a pre-programmed set-up response by this company. After speaking with someone who was very vague and difficult to understand, I was told to email my request for a refund - I've never heard of such a thing. It took them several minutes to even pull up my order on the computer and was told over and over that he had to "speak to someone in the back " regarding the return policy.

I told him of my distain and hung up with the email information that he had given to me. I attempted to email "orders@itworks.com" - the address that I was given and guess what - it is bogus - it does not exist. So I am left with the choice of calling again and being on hold for another hour or going away quietly which is what they, of course, hope for. What I request is that fellow women out there who are so tired of being taken advantage of and scammed by many beauty product companies pay attention to this review.

It will be worth my $96 loss if other women and possible future customers of this scam of this company decide not to fall prey to this garbage.Just say no and seek another way to target those well-earned love handles - I know I will!!

Review about: It Works Body Wrap.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Had an Experience with It Works?

Comments

Brampton, Ontario, Canada #1347155

I have been using the It Works!wraps personally off and on for 2-3 years.

I am not a distributor. I feel that they have worked for me, every single time. However, like anything, if you don't stick to it, the results won't stick. If I give up on my gym routine, I will gain the weight back.

If I stop eating right, I will gain the weight back. If you stop using wraps for a prolonged time, you will lose your results.

In terms of your breakout, you should ALWAYS patch test new products that will be touching your skin, especially if you're leaving it over night. It actually says to do this in the instructions..

it also says for your first use you shouldn't leave it on longer than the minimum 45 mins.

In terms of It Works! being a "scheme"... it's hard to say... again, I'm not a distributor, but I've used some products and they work.

My distributor/supplier doesn't ever try to up sell me, she's honest, informative and detailed. If the distributor you purchased your wraps from isn't, that is unfortunate. It's like going to one McD's and getting your order done right, and another location screws it up. It's not a DIRECT reflection of the company, it's the individual work ethics of that supplier.

Sounds to me like they enrolled you in the "Loyal Customer" program without telling you, which involves committing to 1 purchase a month, for 3 months, in order to get member pricing for life (I am a Loyal customer). Again, this is a...

Not every representative/distributor is well-trained and driven. It is true, in order for them to make money they must sign customers and other distributors, but not all reps are pushy about doing so.. and not all reps are successful.

Most people NEED a boss to make them work and set goals for them.

Just thought I'd share my opinion.

Take it for what it is, or don't.:)

Memphis, Tennessee, United States #1347149

Did you really think something like this would work?It's a pyramid scheme/MLM scheme.

People buy this *** thinking it'll work and they can forgo the hard work it takes to get a bangin' body.

Get off your butt. Put the Twinkies down. Go to the gym.

There are hundreds of exercise videos on YouTube to follow as well.

Denise Austin, Katie Austin and Chalene Johnson are my favorites.

You want a body?Dump the *** "It works" and "Plexus" garbage and WORK FOR IT.

to Erin Parks Brampton, Ontario, Canada #1347163

I can vouch for hard work!I'm down 35 lbs with eating right and working out!

But that didn't get rid of my flabby, stretched belly... It Works! wraps and defining gel helped though.... serious.

I get your skepticism...but these are meant to be used in conjunction with a healthy routine to get the best results, that's what most people don't get.