12.3K views
1.8

I signed up as a loyal customer with ItWorks in May. Had some great results with the products so I finally jumped on as a distributor. Big mistake.

The friend that sold it to me was very enthusiastic and was apparently, making good money. I'm not sure how true that was, but I bought into it. I was told there were distributors who didn't make any money for months, but now were "rockstars." So I was like, cool, can't wait to earn more money.

Unfortunately, three months later, I have hardly made any money, and I've devoted a significant amount of time to "empty promises," ridiculous "bonuses," and have spent an obscene amount of money just to be "commission qualified."

My friend harassed me about it for weeks, at the same time, my debit card had become compromised, and I had to shut it down and wait for a new one to arrive. she told me to go get a pre-paid card instead - Really? Why would I have done that? I told her, look you're just going to have to wait until I get my card in.

So, onto the sign up...

First, do not let any other distributor tell you that it's only $99 to sign up. It's not. It's $113.00 and your kit takes about 3 weeks to arrive. And, ItWorks miraculously runs out of their mini-defining gels that go with the business kit. They issue you a $20.00 product credit, which is laughable, because there's not one item under $20.00, except for their "fab wrap."

All you have in your kit is one box of wraps to try to sell to people for $25.00 each to make your profit back. On the outside looking in, I wouldn't spend that much on these things. Even if you sell all of them, you're still not making your investment back.

I did get 4 loyal customers within 30 days. Thought I was going to get my $100.00 fast start bonus. Never did. My four loyal customers ended up canceling on me after 45 days because they couldn't afford the products. Heartbreaker, but hey, you can't afford it, I'm not going to pressure you to buy.

Working another several weeks, I realized I couldn't even afford to do my own auto shipment to stay commission qualified.

I recently began to become weary of some of the distributor leaders in my group. Especially, after some of the other distributors in my group told all of us they lost 50 pounds in 4 months on these products. This made me scratch my head because some of them had disclosed a much longer and different time frame to others. In addition, they didn't look like they were in need of losing that much weight. However, when those Facebook "distributor" events come around, these girls put on a show and shorten their time frames. Even then, they are still telling people THEY DIDN'T DIET OR EXERCISE on these products. I did and I lost twice the amount of weight than I normally would have by just dieting and exercise alone. I just couldn't tell people not to diet or not to exercise. That's not me.

I considered myself a responsible distributor, telling people the wraps don't make you lose weight, not to overcrowd products all at one time, and to watch what you eat and exercise 3-5 times a week. However, I've got my "leaders" telling people they don't have to do that. Most of them are in need of exercise.

A couple of things you need to know incase they are "glorified" to you:

I found out the "wrap rewards" expire after a certain amount of time. Wrap rewards give you one box of wraps for $25.00 (normally they are $59.00). Yes, you still have to pay for "rewards."

I found out "Ruby" bonuses are payable over the course of several months - forget that $500 you thought you would see in one commission check… simply not true - read the fine print.

Don't let anyone tell you that if you run an $80 BV shipment, you'll be commission qualified. My "not commission qualified" status didn't disappear until AFTER I reached over $400.00 Mind you, $245 of this was from my own purchase. So that 80/150 BV/PBV is absolute ***. The ItWorks Commission Plan is so convoluted and barely understandable that you wouldn't figure this out, until I did above. You'd keep wondering WHY you weren't commission qualified after running an $80BV shipment.

The girls in your leadership circle can make you scratch your heard - I don't know about them, but I don't like working 24/7, 365 days a year, completely ignoring my family obligations or spending time with my husband, daughter and dog. I hear some of these stories of these women who are my leaders, who have flat out said, they have worked around the clock while their husbands take care of their children and they sit on their phone or computer all day and "Make Money." I can't operate like that. I have to talk to my husband and my daughter. My daughter alone always wants to play and I should be able to do that without the need for my phone in my hand.

Your leaders have their favorites, that is, those distributors making the most money, get the most attention. Pretty much anyone who was diamond and above got showcased on the Facebook events. I think one girl used my photo for losing 20 pounds in 4 months, but she wasn't really part of my upline. My actual diamond leader used her favorites for Facebook events.

The friend that signed me up has attended wrap parties of other distributors and has asked others to go to events. Not me. I have had to do my own thing since day 1. Which is okay, as I wasn't always a fan of a lot of what the distributors were telling me on how to sell the products. It's almost like they wanted you to be deceiving about them. Since I took the products, I knew better. I wasn't going to push something on someone that I had not tried.

Distributors are giving MEDICAL advice. People with real ailments were asking distributors if their products were safe for said ailment. I would never have said yes to anything. My immediate response was "please go check with your doctor as to whether or not you can take this." Especially moms that are breastfeeding, have thyroid issues, IBS, etc. I always encouraged potentials that if they had anything they believed might interfere with their condition, they needed to check the product over with their physician, and I always gave them the product ingredients and information for them to take. I'm a paralegal and I STILL don't give legal advice - even being in the game for 17 years!

The long and short of this post is that unless you are diamond and above, have significant sums of money to start, you're not going to make any money with this company - AT ALL. You're going to quickly realize you're spending way more than you're making. The photo I'm attaching proves it.

What ItWorks won't tell you is that a lot of their "billion dollar" profits are made from the distributors who are working to make their own commission. As stated above, distributors have to haul in $400 in sales per month, to stay commission qualified. You put in $400 of sales to get approximately $24.00 in commission. You have to put out SIGNIFICANT money of your own money to attend events (bridal shows, street fairs, etc.), buy products, etc. to "stay in the game." It's too much. But your "upline" doesn't care all that much. They are still getting paid.

And trying to get other distributors on board with you, forget it. You won't have much success with that either. Again, unless the have significant sums of money to advance into their "business", they'll end up in the same boat as you.

Now, I like the products. I probably should have remained just a loyal customer, but I thought I could get people on board because I felt good and was looking good and I wanted others to feel the same way. Ah well, lesson learned. I'd be very curious about the turnover rate of this company. They won't show you that. They won't show you what amount of money distributors have had to put forth over the course of months or years to be where they are at. I can't afford to put thousands of dollars into something that's making me a profit of $24.00. I don't have that kind of rich lifestyle.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: I would like the $113.37 back from the purchase of the business kit. .

It Works Pros: Stretchmark, Greens, Thermofit, Defining gel, Cleanser.

It Works Cons: New you, False new distributor tactics, Lying to loyal customers, Telling people not to diet or exercise.

Store Location: Sicklerville, New Jersey

Comments

Hello Im not sure if you can help me. I am not a distributor but a customer.

I am really upsetting that I bought some items on promotion and I was double charged. I text my contact and she has the nerves to argue with me that my order is right.:: how can she tell me that she can charge me twice the same exact fee for different amount of products.. BS also there is no number to make a formal complain.

I Jones entry have purchase $500 worth of product already from April and May and today I just got an email that I’m getting a new shipment for like 300.00 that I didn’t even order .. wtf Please help me to get out of this mess I need to cancel this crap ASAP My email is kcerritos75@gmail.com I will appreciate it Thank you

@PissedConsumer1870696

I emailed you

Latrisha

Same thing has happened to me! And I really need my money back unfortunately as I signed up when I financially should not have. Please let me know if you have any luck getting a refund.

I’m wanting to cancel my distributor account. What happens to the loyal customers I have signed up. Will their accounts remain available?

@PissedConsumer1862345

I canceled mine and my customer is still able to log in

Jadelyn

To everyone who wants to cancel their distributor memberships for It Works. Log into the It Works website and click my account.

It should transfer you to your eSuite page (you may have to log in again). When you get into your eSuite account, click on support on the top right of the page. Create a Create a New Ticket. For category, select "eSuite".

For Sub category, select "Account Cancellation Distributor".

Add a subject and a message saying you no longer want to be a distributor. I hope this helps!

@Jadelyn

*Create a new ticket. Sorry for the typos!

@Jadelyn

When you canceled being a distributor did u have to pay a fee? Also, did they give u money back for the starter kit?

@PissedConsumer1861364

(This is Jadelyn) I did not pay a fee to cancel my distributor account. I did pay the fee to get my customer out of the autoship (I owed her that much for getting her signed up).

I called my bank to get them to refund my money, I would contact them if you don’t want your starter kit, they will tell you what to do and if they will refund you. I never got my starter kit but I still payed for it so I’m not sure about that.

Hoping to see that money back in my account. I hope this helps!

Jordi

I love to use the products but I was not going to lie to people and the Lady that got me start in it works was not very nice,

Aizen

how did you quit? I'm trying to quit lol

Shimshon
@Aizen

How did you quit I'm trying to now

@Shimshon

did you figure out how to quit?

@Aizen

Check out my comment. It might help!

that so messed up, i joined as a distributor too and for 99 i got 4 packets of skinny brew coffee samples and 3 30% off promo codes and thats it, i made a video on youtube comparing it to another product i was using and like a lot more, and these girls from it works are now bad mouthing me smh this company is a scam

how do we get out of it works

@PissedConsumer1771099

How do you get out

I will like to know how can you get out from this.

I am an It Works Distributor and not everyone puts in the work to gain the points that you need. You only get paid commission if you get loyal customers.

Also getting distributor underneath you is such a big deal in getting good pay.

Also don’t think I’m saying this to talk down on you because I promise I’m not! give it another shot but you don’t have to spend so much money yourself..let other people get you those points

I Signed up AS a member with a friend a few months ago and want to cancel my account!!

It Works Reviews